Frequently Asked Questions
- Orders can be placed through www.studentmedicalshop.com. Items for purchase need to be added to Your Cart. Once all items are in your cart, View Cart and then Proceed to Checkout.
- Orders can also be placed over the phone with our Customer Service Department. To phone in orders call 224-520-3077.
- We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and Amex.
- All of your billing and personal information is kept secure, our SSL Certificate encrypts all information moving to and from our website. This means that no exchange between our site and its visitors (credit card information, passwords, email addresses, etc.) can be captured by a third party. The information you provide on our site will be kept confidential. It will not be given or sold to any outside organization for use in marketing or solicitation.
- We only sell new equipment obtained directly from the product manufacturer.
- We are an authorized distributor of Welch Allyn and 3M Littmann products. We do NOT sell any used equipment or any imitation brands.
- All images of products are purely for illustration only. Student Medical Shop does not accept responsibility for any difference between the image on the website and the actual appearance of the product.
- The 'Confirmation' stage of the online checkout process outlines, in detail, the product(s) purchased and provides you with an order number.
- Following the confirmed purchase, you will be emailed an 'Order Acknowledgement' detailing the products ordered along with the order number.
- Once your order is packed and ready for shipment, you will receive an 'Order Complete' email.
- When your order has been picked up for delivery by FEDEX from our warehouse, you will receive an email from FEDEX with the tracking information for your order.
- You can also retrieve the FEDEX tracking number for your order by visiting the 'Track Your Order' tab on www.studentmedicalshop.com. You will need the email address that was used for your order along with your order number.
- In-stock orders will be processed and shipped within 1-2 business days, however most in-stock orders ship the same day when received Monday through Friday -BUSINESS DAYS ONLY excludes holidays.
- If an item you ordered is out-of-stock you will be notified via phone or email within 24 business hours with the order status and the ability to modify or cancel your order.
- WE CAN ONLY SHIP IN THE UNITED STATES!!!
- Laser engraving on stethoscope orders does NOT delay the processing time. Your order will still ship the same or next business day.
- We ship all orders via Fedex. Fedex Home/Ground shipping takes 2-5 business days, depending on your location. Regular times in transit do not include weekends or holidays.
- Please email [email protected] to inquire about days in transit to your location. Remember to include the zip code of ship-to address when inquiring.
- Fedex will not deliver to P.O. boxes; you must provide us with a valid street address for shipment.
- Upon receipt the customer must inspect the goods carefully. If any product is damaged in transit or merchandise is missing due to damage in transit, you must notify Student Medical Shop within 3 business days of delivery. Student Medical Shop will not accept responsibility for the damage, but will file a damage claim with FEDEX and send replacements to customer, only if needed and only after appropriate claims with FEDEX have been filed.
- We dispatch our orders in good faith via our chosen delivery method. We anticipate that all deliveries will arrive as specified, however Student Medical Shop will not accept any liability for any delayed deliveries. Recoveries of shipping fees are not possible when adverse weather delays the delivery schedule.
- Physician Bags with personalized, monogrammed initials require an additional 3-5 business days for delivery.
- If your order is partially shipped (i.e. some items shipping separately on a different date) only one delivery fee is charged.
- Should you provide an invalid shipping address, your order may be delayed and returned to our facility, you will be notified of any delays or returns. If a return to our facility occurs, you will be responsible for any return fees incurred and additional shipping charges to resend your order.
How to cancel an order
To cancel your order, you must contact Customer Service via telephone during our business hours (Monday to Friday 9:00am-4:30pm CST). You must speak to a customer service representative to verify cancellation. Only orders that have not left our facility for delivery are eligible for cancellation. Any orders that have already been processed for any added personalization (i.e. stethoscope engraving) are NOT eligible for cancellation.
Orders are not considered cancelled until approved and confirmed by Student Medical Shop. A voicemail phone message or email will not be accepted as an order cancellation. To contact Customer Service please e-mail us at [email protected] or call (224) 520-3077. Clearly state order number, date of purchase, your name and contact information and the items you wish to cancel and the reason.
Returns and Refund Policy
We accept returns within 30 days of purchase. Equipment must be unused and in its original packaging. Return shipping is at the expense of the customer. No additional restocking fees will apply. Once the item(s) are received and approved for return by our returns department a refund will be issued and takes 3-5 business days to process.
You must call or email Customer Service to obtain a Returns Authorization and label the parcel as instructed.
All goods for return must be packed in another box/envelope with appropriate packing material and sealed. Do NOT place any shipping/address labels on merchandise or merchandise boxes.
Goods must be returned as sold (i.e. in the original packaging, with all instructions and product material, etc.)
Any free gifts or additional bundled items delivered with the product must also be returned.
A product purchased from Student Medical Shop may be returned for the following reasons:
- The product is defective or damaged in which case the customer will not be charged a return shipping fee. Welch Allyn and Littmann merchandise are subject for return directly through the manufacturer, NOT Student Medical Shop.
- The product received is incorrect in which case the customer will not be charged a return shipping fee.
- Any orders that have been personalized (such as physician bags with monogrammed initials or labcoats/scrubs with embroidery or patches) will NOT be accepted for return.
- Any stethoscope orders with personalized laser engraving will NOT be accepted for return. We are NOT liable for any dissatisfaction in regards to alignment of engraving, appearance or font-type, etc. and will not accept any returns due to such dissatisfaction. We will only accept a return on an engraved stethoscope if there is a misspelling or typo when the engraving on the stethoscope does not match what was entered on the engraving field of your order.